Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roan_akayume
Level 7

Scheduled scan stuck

Jump to solution

Hi

My mcafee virus scan has been hung on a scheduled  scan now for 2 days at 6%, when i attempt to cancel or resume the scan it does nothing. I never got any problem with my antivirus until this one.

My Mcafee Total protection is up to date etc. I tied to end the process in Task Manager and reboot my PC but and it changed nothing when i rebooted it (right now il still on 6%). I can't stop or cancel it

I got I.E 11 and Windows 8.1

Also my computer is a new Asus ROG G750JS-T4155H  (i got it 3 mounth ago)

Mcafee Live Safe Internet Security

Anti virus and antispyware:

Version: 17.6

Build: 17.6.428

Last Update:5/12/2014

Engine Version: 2094.0

Engine Creation Date: 5/12/2014

I ran Virtual Technician and he only found this problem : Sans titre.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Scheduled scan stuck

Jump to solution

Moved to Virus Scan and Spyware Protection > Virus Scan > Discussions By Moderator

There is a Known issue of the Virus Scan Hanging @ 98%-99%. Please try the following Workaround:

VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

Having said this..Your particular Version the Issue from my perspective, should have been resolved. It may be that some how your installation may have become corrupt. It does happen unfortunately. Please try the Above (Work Around) and apprise us if it resolves your issues.

Should the case be you need to do a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall. Please follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the Following Link:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

I might add in addition, Please make certain all of your Windows Updates are current, to Include all Add-Ons and Internet Explorer. For McAfee and other important programs require it. (Update/Patch Tuesday is 12/9/2014 as well)

All the very best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Moved to Virus Scan and Spyware Protection > Virus Scan > Discussions By Moderator

There is a Known issue of the Virus Scan Hanging @ 98%-99%. Please try the following Workaround:

VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

Having said this..Your particular Version the Issue from my perspective, should have been resolved. It may be that some how your installation may have become corrupt. It does happen unfortunately. Please try the Above (Work Around) and apprise us if it resolves your issues.

Should the case be you need to do a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall. Please follow the Guidelines/Instructions in the Following Link:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

I might add in addition, Please make certain all of your Windows Updates are current, to Include all Add-Ons and Internet Explorer. For McAfee and other important programs require it. (Update/Patch Tuesday is 12/9/2014 as well)

All the very best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Hard drive read errors can also stall a scan, this may help:  CHKDSK - Check a Drive for Errors in Windows 8

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
roan_akayume
Level 7

Jump to solution

All right

I tried the VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete thing and it don't ssem to work. So i just used the good old Uninstall/Reinstall method, my antivirus is reinstall and i just lanched a scan in order to test it.

Thanks for your anwsers and links.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Let us know if it is OK now.

0 Kudos
roan_akayume
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello again

My scan took a lot of time ('cause of the rootkit at 99% as usual) but it's all good. Ma antivirus is no longer stuck. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

If it stops for a while at 99% run the workaround CD posted above.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I am very glad to hear that all is OK.