cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcfuhrmann
Level 7

Scheduled Scan doesn't seem to run at scheduled time

Must the computer be logged on to a user account for the scheduled scan to run?

I logged in this morning at 6:00 am, and checked my system.  A scheduled scan for 4:00 am had not run.  In fact, the status window said the next scan to be run was at 4:00 am today, which was 2 hours ago.  Just wondering.  Would be nice if the product used the system account to run in a logged off state.  The default time is 4:00 am.  I'm never logged in at that time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Scheduled Scan doesn't seem to run at scheduled time

Change the time to 1 you are logged in. Though we have noticed the scan start is delayed sometimes.

We have reported this. 

0 Kudos
jcfuhrmann
Level 7

Still seems to have trouble running as expected.  I changed the scheduled time to 6:00 AM Monday & Friday.

This morning (Monday) I logged in at 5:00 AM.  At 6:00 the scheduled scan did not start.

Are there any restrictions on login? I was not logged in as an administrator, though I was logged into the administrator account when I changed the setup, though wouldn't that mean that the computer would always have to be logged into the adminstrator account for the scan to run? That seems strange, I only login as an adminstrator when I want to update my machine.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Smart timer a feature in 2010 will not allow updates or scheduled scan to run if anything active on PC. This especially applicable if you move the mouse around time scan is to commence. I hear also there is a bug as well that will be fixed soon. Try setting the scan and go and have a cup of Milo and see if it runs.

0 Kudos