Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crb82
Level 7

Scheduled Scan Stuck, resume & cancel to nothing

Jump to solution

Hi

My mcafee virus scan has been hung on a scheduled  scan now for 2 days at 32%, when i attempt to cancel or resume the scan it does nothing.

My Mcafee Total protection is up to date etc.

Mcafee Anti-Virus & Anti Spyware

Version: 16.8

Build: 16.8.821

Last Update:13/11/2014

Engine Version: 2072.0

Engine Creation Date: 13/11/2014

Can someone please help me resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Scheduled Scan Stuck, resume & cancel to nothing

Jump to solution

Force it to stop in Task Manager, or simply power down and reboot.   Can you provide more information please such as what operating system and service pack (if applicable) this is, and what version of Internet Explorer is installed (even if you don't use it, McAfee does).??

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Force it to stop in Task Manager, or simply power down and reboot.   Can you provide more information please such as what operating system and service pack (if applicable) this is, and what version of Internet Explorer is installed (even if you don't use it, McAfee does).??

crb82
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi

I forced stopped it in task manager then rebooted and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for that Ex_Brit, I did already force stop it then restarted the program but it seemed it needed a hard retsart.

Cheers for your time

Also just for the record I'm on win8 64bit & i use firefox

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK to prevent future problems with it, make sure Windows 8 is totally up to date and open IE to check the version by clicking Help/About.  If it's IE10 then you need to upgrade it to IE11 as McAfee relies on IE being up to date, regardless of your default browser settings.

Then run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds any issues with the software and fixes them.  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Also check your drive for errors as that can stall a scan, see the tutorial here:  CHKDSK - Check a Drive for Errors in Windows 8

If all that doesn't help the next scan then I suggest contacting Technical Support by phone or online chat, link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos