cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nysoxfan15
Level 7

Schedule Scan runs 14+ hours

Jump to solution

My last two scans have run 13 hour and 14+ hours.  I have security center version 12.8, Build 12.8.992.  This is something new that it never did before.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Schedule Scan runs 14+ hours

Jump to solution

Please try the following Workaround VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

In addition, make certain you are fully up to date with all Windows Updates/Add-Ons. To include Internet Explorer,even if one does not use it. McAfee and other programs do in order to function properly.

If it just started, to rule out any Malware you can try some of these Superb Free Tools

Also should all else fail, you can contact Technical Support (Free) for further assistance:Services and Support for Home and Office

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
10 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please try the following Workaround VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

In addition, make certain you are fully up to date with all Windows Updates/Add-Ons. To include Internet Explorer,even if one does not use it. McAfee and other programs do in order to function properly.

If it just started, to rule out any Malware you can try some of these Superb Free Tools

Also should all else fail, you can contact Technical Support (Free) for further assistance:Services and Support for Home and Office

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
nysoxfan15
Level 7

Jump to solution

That seems to have worked.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome   Glad that all is okay !

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tauhs
Level 9

Jump to solution

Have you checked tech-net for Anti-Virus exclusions for generic servers (ie Windows Server 2012, MS Exchange 2013, MS Windows 2008 R2) I started an exclusions spreadsheet about 5 years ago now that excludes the specific file. path, or type of file that would cause lengthy scanning. A good example would be to exclude *.bup files, these are back up files that are CONSTANTLY being written.....so if you start to scan them...it will never finish.

Here are a few links -

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/953.microsoft-anti-virus-exclusion-list.a...

Lync Server 2013: Antivirus scanning exclusions

Anti-Virus exclusion list for all Microsoft products - It's all about Microsoft Infrastructure... - ...

Exchange and AntiVirus Exclusions – A Critical Conversation - 250 Hello - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Performance Tuning For Windows Server 2012 R2, AV Exclusions and Windows 7 VDI Image Hot Fixes - Ask...

I actually compiled all of this into one master spreadsheet, sadly I don't have it with me at the moment, It is stored on an external at home.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If I am not mistaken, The OP was referring to the Consumer Home Product?

Opposed to Corporate/Enterprise Products

Much Appreciated,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

none of that applies to the Consumer products.

0 Kudos
tauhs
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ahh my bad, sorry. Didn't realize it was not an enterprise

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

No problem ;-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As Collegue Ex_Brit stated, No problem Your input was most appreciated.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos