cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcblawdog
Level 7

Scan reminder

Jump to solution

My Security Center has Virus Scan v. 13.15. I have an automatic virus scan scheduled for every Friday. Unfortunately, nearly everyday, several times a day, I get a pop-up reminder to run a virus scan. My only options are to "close" and "remind me later." PLEASE, tell me how to turn off this ridiculous reminder!! Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Scan reminder

Jump to solution

See my previous post.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you have the pop up from "Mcafee security center" or "Mcafee security scan" ??

If possible can you attach an image in your next post ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
dcblawdog
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't recall if comes from "scan" or "center." Next time it pops up I'll check and try to attach an image.

0 Kudos
dcblawdog
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't copy the message/pop up box. ALT+Print Screen won't work, and I don't have SnagIt. The message shows that it comes from Security Scan, though.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Ok,

McAfee Security Scan is a security monitoring program that helps you make sure your anti-virus and firewall software is active,It also keeps track of when the last successful scan took place . Could you please open your mcafee security center and check the date of the last scan performed ?

Along with that check whether the computer clock is set right !

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
dcblawdog
Level 7

Jump to solution

Clock is correct. Last scan: 1/29/2010

0 Kudos
Setzke
Level 7

Jump to solution

security_scan.png

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Have you updated an Adobe product recently?  The reason is that "McAfee Security Scan" comes as an already checked option with those products and you have to consciously uncheck that option or it will be installed.

Look in your Control Panel Programme list for McAfee Security Scan  (NOT SecurityCenter) - if listed uninstall it.

0 Kudos
dcblawdog
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, Ex_Brit. Security Scan was indeed installed and I uninstalled it as suggested. I'll know sometime today or tomorrow if that does the trick. Thanks!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

That should do the trick.  When installing Adobe products or updating them always look out for that, as shown in the picture below.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos