Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outfox
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

RE: Rosetta Stone Trojan?

This from Rosetta Stone:

It is a know issue and this issue is caused specifically by a recent update to McAfee. We just got an update regarding McAfee software that is our customers are unable to access the program with McAfee running. And our engineers are working on this issue and as soon as the issue is fixed we will update you with the information.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. And we appreciate your patience.

However, you'd think that McAfee would have come up with a solution by now since they are causing the problem... And you can always disconnect from the internet, turn off McAfee and then use your Rosetta Stone. Or get a new virus protection software... Good luck with your decision!!
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 19

From that I would say it is being looked into. Things take time. If Rosetta Stone know about it then you can rest assured that they have asked McAfee for a fix at corporate level. There's nothing we can do here.
Devdog
Level 7
Message 13 of 19

Thanks to all. I will be patient and wait to hear when it is fixed. Thanks again.
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Let's hope that's soon. Good luck.

McAfee has known about this issue for sometime now. They issued me an EXTRA.dat back in early Feb 09.

I am quite sure I am not the only customer that has been impacted. C'mon guys get your heads out of your butts and fix the damn problem!
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 19

They issued me an EXTRA.dat back in early Feb 09

Then it has been included in the database since that date. This must be a new & different detection which has to be submitted again.
Highlighted

WRONG!!!!!!

Detects on the same exact file.... I have both McAfee and Rosetta Stone on an email thread right now.

Let them work this out and I will just bug the crap out of them on the customer service end. :eek:

Ex_Brit do you work for McAfee?

I originally submitted samples and MER files over a month ago, and they still haven't fixed the false positive detection issue. Seems their internal processes for this type of problem resolution need some tweaking.

No companies perfect, and hopefully McAfee will improve on these issues and learn from their mistakes. The question is do they read their own forums and follow up on these items?

The part that makes me mad is the amount of time I need to spend on the phone with technical support to resolve one issue. The SAM sends to to Platinum support > Platinum has me submit sample > Extra DAT comes from Beaverton > case goes cold and ZERO follow up on resolution....

FOLLOW-UP... Very important words in the world of customer service don't you think?
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 19

No I'm a volunteer here. Very seldom will any McAfee person post here. Re-submit it via email, when they answer, if negatively, reply immediately with the headers intact questioning their findings and ask them to do further investigation.

I was only saying what we've been told, that if an extra.dat is issued it is normally included in the database immediately. I guess whomever told me that was wrong.
It was only the threat center management.

Obviously they have exceptions to their own rules.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community