cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Republic Commando Game File Quarantined as Virus

Dear Community,

I recently bought a key off G2A.com, and I have previously bought a Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga key from them before with no issues, and it opened perfectly fine on Steam. I downloaded Republic Commando with no issues, so when I open the game to download it, Steam would not open it and McAfee gave me a warning saying that it quarantined a file in the game, saying that it's a virus. I spoke with the seller of the key, who is very popular and has a 95% positive feedback, and with support, saying that the game should contain no viruses since the key issued was new and had no virus. Attached is a file of the said virus and Steam not being able to open. Please help me out asap. Thanks!

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Republic Commando Game File Quarantined as Virus

Please do not attach virus samples on the forum even if they could be a false detection. It is against Mcafee's Terms of Service

Best way is two fold

1 Submit the file to Mcafee with subject False detection and file name. Allow 2 days or so for comment. You will get an immediate reply with a analysis Id number if you submitted it correctly

How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee

2. As a test scan the file at www.virustotal.com and see if other detections are found in the many scanners there.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

OK my error that was not a virus sample just a pic of the error. My apologies for this error. The other suggestions are valid

Highlighted

Lol all good

My game just started to work randomly so I'll check my other key once I refund my second copy

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community