cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludite
Level 7

Real time scanning has turned off and will not remain on when selected??? What am I doing wrong

Any ideas greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Real time scanning has turned off and will not remain on when selected??? What am I doing wrong

Moved this to VirusScan as it''s about the anti-virus portion of your software,

Can you give more information please, is this a new installation and what operating system and service pack is this?   Also, even if you don't use it, can you post the version of Internet Explorer that you have installed?  Also what other security software is installed and what was installed before McAfee?

Try running the Virtual Technician for starters:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/  it often fixes problem.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos

Re: Real time scanning has turned off and will not remain on when selected??? What am I doing wrong

Hi ludite,

Same here. It is something that happens sometimes with McAfee when it gets "corrupted". I had the same problema yesterday and I will have a look today if I can find anything. In my case the McAfee validation trust which Mcshield depends of, does not exist, so quite weird...

Best regards,

Jose Maria

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Also try setting your IE to defaults.

0 Kudos

Hi

Please try updating McAfee manually and Restart the machine. This should put back RTS to ON.

0 Kudos