cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackmas03
Level 7

Real Time Scanning goes off

Hi,

One of my friend purchased McAfee as I told to go for the best security product.  After installing McAfee he said that the Real Time Scanning goes off and not turned on. He is a software professional.  He said that he has Win 7 64 bit, Please help us on this

JM

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Real Time Scanning goes off

Moved to Virus and Spyware Protection > Virus Scan > Discussions By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I assume you are running Windows 7 Sp1,and it is fully updated with Windows Updates to include Internet Explorer 11. Even should you not use it, McAfee and other important programs depend on it to function properly.

It is important also that all of your Add-Ons are current and up to date also. Especially Adobe Flash Player ,Latest Version being 16.0.0.305. To include all of your other Adobe products you may use as well. Simply make certain you uncheck any ' Optional Offers' you may not want.

Also assure that no pre-existing Security Applications or Remnants are on your system. And that you also used their individual Products Removal Tool as well, if is the case.

You may try running the Latest MVT http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html to check for any issues that you may have. Or you can try doing a Clean Uninstall/Re-install following these guidelines/Instructions How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

To make certain that you have no Malware onboard, you can try some of these Free Superb Tools;

If all else fails, you can contact Technical Support Free 24/7. Via Phone/Online Chat being quickest:

Services and Support for Home and Office

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
asdrubalchau
Level 7

I have the same problem. I have 3 licenses of  McAfee Total Protection, the real-time analysis is turn-off in the three computers!!! I worked fine in 2014; however, since 4 weeks ago, the problem begun. I have run MVT, I have reboot the machines several times, one of them have been formated and the problem continues.

0 Kudos
asdrubalchau
Level 7

I forgot to say that the OS is Windows 7, 64 bits, Ultimate edition

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Since you uninstalled ie formated same thing and reinstalled and same issue best to call Technical support as Cd suggested above.

Services and Support for Home and Office

Jacmas03 you still having problems

0 Kudos