tahealynn
Level 7

Real-Time Scanning Off

0 Kudos
15 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Real-Time Scanning Off

Moved from Personal Firewall to VirusScan as this issue has to do with your antivirus, not the firewall.

Run the Virtual Technician to see if it will fix anything.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Also what is your operating system and service pack if applicable and what version of Internet Explorer is installed, even though you aren't using it?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/06/13 9:50:35 EDT AM
0 Kudos
tahealynn
Level 7

thank you!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I added a line to my post above if you could answer that question, it might help me.

0 Kudos
tahealynn
Level 7

im assuming i have the latest version of IE which is IE 9 i believe. i have windows 7

0 Kudos
tahealynn
Level 7

i also ran the virtual tech with nothing resolved

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK, Windows 7 hopefully has SP1 installed and you should have IE10 installed.   McAfee and some other processes use IE even if you have another browser set as your default, so it's important.  So I would install it at your earliest convenience.

What did the Virtual Technician say?

0 Kudos
tahealynn
Level 7

virtual technican said i had 6 issues and to resolve them now but obviously, it didnt repair my current issue. i will install IE 10 now. what is SP1?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

tahealynn wrote:

virtual technican said i had 6 issues and to resolve them now but obviously, it didnt repair my current issue. i will install IE 10 now. what is SP1?

Sometimes running the MVT two or three times helps.   SP1 is what you should be up to (& beyond) with Windows 7 and Microsoft Updates.

You can tell by right-clicking the Computer icon on your desktop or in your Start Menu and selecting Properties.   It will tell you there.

If your haven't got SP1 then no wonder things aren't working as they should.

See:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/06/13 10:11:04 EDT AM
0 Kudos
tahealynn
Level 7

mcafee5.jpg

0 Kudos