cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braveheart
Level 7

Quick scan and Full Scan Stuck on 0%, computer now crashing and running slow

HI, I've been trying to scan my pc for a few days now and everytime I try a quick or full scan it stays on 0%. And If I want to cancle it, it doesn't work. I don't know whats wrong could anyone help?

scan.JPG

Also before this happened Mcafee said there was a Trojan but it took care of it, ever since my computer has not been working, everything crashes, and alot of the tools i've tried say nothing is wrong there are no viruses. Please help! Thanks

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Quick scan and Full Scan Stuck on 0%, computer now crashing and running slow

What version are you on ?. 11,6 was supposed to fix this issue and some partners are lagging behind. How did you start the scan via right click on a file/folder?

0 Kudos
braveheart
Level 7

Re: Quick scan and Full Scan Stuck on 0%, computer now crashing and running slow

I Do Have verison 11.6

11.JPG

Here's another thing, this morning my Mcafee said "Warning your computer is at risk cannot update." Then I pressed check for updates a few times and now it says current and secure.

I Started the scan using the menu from the suite.

0 Kudos
braveheart
Level 7

Its back again

back.JPG

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Regarding that trojan detection you mentioned.  Try running Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both linked in the last link in my signature below.   Also make sure your system clock is accurate and that your system is totally updated, all parts of it and especially IE,, even if you don't use it.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Second that now that you are getting the red popups malware is definately a possibility as the scan issue was fixed in your version.

0 Kudos
braveheart
Level 7

I used stinger and it found nothing tried using malwarebytes but it's not responding during the scan

q.JPG

Actually now I've got malwarebytes to work it's scanning now, says It found one item so far :/

Message was edited by: braveheart on 12/29/12 4:58:19 PM CST
0 Kudos
braveheart
Level 7

Malwarebytes again is not responding but here is what I could get from it:

1.JPG

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK reboot into Safe Mode and try running it there.   It will run fine in Safe Mode.   In Safe Mode with Networking you should be able to let it update too.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/12/12 11:35:31 EST AM
0 Kudos
braveheart
Level 7

Thank you so much! Everything works fine now, and my computer also works fine. Everything is much faster too.

0 Kudos