cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgeorge6
Level 7

Protection problem after udates & install.

For the past month I'm getting a X within the McAfee M icon upon completion of a McAfee update and installation,with a message to open the Security Center,which indicates my computer is not protected.I click on the Fix button to repair the problem.Some times I am required to run the FIX scan to regain virus protection.The problem I'm having is that I'm continuig to experiencing this X (no protection) after each McAfee update.I would like to find a way to resolve this problem which is very time consuming and annoying.What does it take to talk to a technician.Any suggestions you can offer will be appreciated.If this continues to persist my only alternative is to cancell my subscription because this isn't what I paid for.

Security Center : Version 9.0
Virus Scan : Version 13.0
Build 13.0.232
Dat version 5510.0000
Personal Firewall : Version 10.0
last update 12/18/2007
Operating Sys : XP pro,sp3
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Protection is turned OFF after re-boot or Update

Hi jgeorge6,

am experiencing a similar problem. About a month ago I started finding that on a cold boot OR after an Update that my protection was turned OFF. Not sure what caused this, am going to do a clean install to see if that fixes it,

Cheers

Helter_Skelter
0 Kudos
jgeorge6
Level 7

Protection problem after update/installation

Let me know if the problem goes away after you do a clean and install.Since I've reported this problem it hasn't happened with recent udates/installations, it's been good for this past week.Thanks for the input and good luck with the reinstall.Have you tried to contact a McAfee customer support technician?
0 Kudos

RE: Protection problem after update/installation

jgeorge6 & Ex_Brit,

Followed Ex_Brit's instructions for complete removal of all McAfee products.
Add/Remove McAfee
reboot
ran MCPR.exe
checked for and removed some residual folders
emptyied temp folders
defragged
reboot
Logged into my McAfee account
Custom downloaded/installed the parts of McAfee Virusscan Plus
that I wanted installed
reboot
autoupdate worked the next day
2 days later SiteAdvisor upgraded itself to the latest version

All has been working fine, no problems for about 2 weeks,
sorted!

Cheers Ex_Brit,

Helter_Skelter
0 Kudos
jgeorge6
Level 7

RE: Protection problem after update/installation

Thanks for your response.I will take your advice if the problem reappears.whatever the problem was hasn't occurred during the past 3 weeks.
0 Kudos