cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 26

Re: Problems with downloading Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.07)

@thecreator,

You stated, "You keep the above products disabled"? Then followed by saying (All Shockwave,Flash Player and Java),are installed on my computers and enabled. Since the article that you mentioned has been written, these products have been updated/upgraded?

With all due respect,I admire your knowledge. While I am in total agreement that " Adobe Flash Player has indeed been (Updated/Upgraded) and quite possibly (Shockwave Flash Player) as well. However,as the article stipulated.... "Shockwave Flash Player "(Lags behind) in all aspects.

Far greater minds than mine,have determined, for Security purposes that "Shockwave Flash Player "is a High risk, and best to not be installed. I fully agree with the statement that ( Windows 7 Service Pack 1) does not truly support (Outlook Express) instead utilizes (Windows Live) which is indeed not the same.

I also agree that "Adobe Flash Player" has indeed been updated (13.0.0.214). However, please broaden my "Horizons" and give me the most recent (Update/upgrade) incorporated by Adobe "Shockwave Flash Player".

Again, with all due respect. I still stand by as the Krebs Article stipulated, (Uninstall Shockwave Flash Player) if installed. It simply is not worth the risk...JMHO and others far more intelligent as I.

Kindest Regards,

BTW....The link you inserted directs one to a (Weather Forecast) in Maryland? Windsor, if Iam not terribly mistaken.

I do have a "Daughter-Grand-Daughter" whom stays in Towson, Maryland, which gives me the weather forecast, before traversing up to visit.

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/28/14 6:26:01 PM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Hi Cliff,

BTW, that is correct, but the point I was making, is that People, who send out Phishing Emails, and Emails intended to want you to click on a link to get somewhere where you want to go, but the link takes you to a different place, often time to introduce Viruses on your computer.  For example, if I were sending out an email, offering you a chance to save money with TigerDirect, but you click on a link that takes you to a fake TigerDirect.com site.

Yes to CBS Baltimore or WJZ-TV Weather site, but it said that you were going to TigerDirect.com on the outside.

In Outlook 2007, it would tell you, where you were going, by holding the mouse over the link.

You said: " I fully agree with the statement that ( Windows 7 Service Pack 1) does not truly support (Outlook Express) instead utilizes (Windows Live) which is indeed not the same."  Windows 7 operating systems does not come with Windows Live. The User had to download it and install it.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Hi thecreator,

Sorry for the delayed response. I had alot going on with my wife,( Healthwise) yesterday. I can see your point, all is good.  Have a Good one......

All the Best,

Regards

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 26

I keep this link on hand to check for the latest Adobe Flash Player. Not only to make certain it is the latest Version, yet to include if it is "Functioning properly". You should see a Grahic Display if it is.

In addition will advise you if you do indeed have the most current Version.

Granted, it is not associated with "Adobe Reader", yet will accertain that you have connected to the appropiate site. The link is HERE

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

wixey wrote:

I recently tried to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat from the official site, but every time I try to download in Chrome after unchecking the "McAfee Security Scan Plus" option I get the message "Anti-virus software failed unexpectedly while scanning this file."

It seems to download fine if I leave the box checked, but I'm wary of installing anything that comes "bundled" with downloads, even if it's a McAfee product. Does this mean I have I install the optional Security Scan, or is there a way around this, as I'm sure this didn't happen with previous versions?

Hi wixey,

If you already have Adobe Reader 11 installed, all you need to do, was to simply open the Adobe Reader 11. Click Help then click Check For Updates. It downloads the Update. When done, simply click to install the Update. No Mess, no fuss.

People / Users sometimes makes things more difficult then it needs to be.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 26 of 26

Hi thecreator,

Many thanks for telling me this - if I'd about the "check for Updates" method, I might have been able to avoid all this extra annoyance in the first place.

I don't use Reader very often and had forgotten it had this feature... hopefully it will make future updates less stressful.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community