cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mwhitty158
Level 7

Problems with Trojan Detection while trying to Launch Aion

The program that McAfee keeps quarantining is not a trojan - it is a legitimate part of the game. Is there any way I can tell McAfee to leave it alone? It is very frustrating to not be able to play a new game (as I am sure many of you can understand Smiley Very Happy)

The file is called Aion.bin if that helps at all and the Aion game forums are littered with posts about it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Problems with Trojan Detection while trying to Launch Aion

According to this solved thread that was solved: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=233620&highlight=aion

However maybe this is a new detection so follow the link I gave in my first response there.
0 Kudos
Sungamer
Level 7

I am experiencing false positives on AION.bin also

This issue still occurs. I was forced to turn off Active Protection to prevent this from occurring.

I sent the file in and was informed that the findings were inconclusive and that the file was being forwarded to AVERT labs for further testing. Does anyone actually read the comments detailing WHY the file is being sent in?

No other scanner I have used considers this to be a threat - only Mcafee.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: I am experiencing false positives on AION.bin also

Reply to that email and ask them to expedite the request.
0 Kudos
Sungamer
Level 7

I replied to the e-mail as requested with the following:

This is a false positive of a file from the new game AION from NCSoft. It
removes the game file Aion.bin making the game unplayable. It is necessary
to disable the Active Protection component of McAfee until this is resolved.
Please put this high on your list.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good for you.
0 Kudos
Mwhitty158
Level 7

Thanks for sending the file in Sungamer Smiley Happy

Could this particular problem with aion have something to do with game guard? The American version of Aion isn't supposed to have any game guard components but maybe this is what McAfee is seeing as a potential threat.

Not sure on this though - as I said - as far as I know there isn't supposed to be any game guard installed on the American version of Aion.

Anyway, if you could let me know if/when you get replies to your emails I would really appreciate it - as I am sure many others would. It seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

Thanks!
0 Kudos