cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pphretd63
Level 7

Problem with real time scan - any ideas

McAfee Security Scan home page shows "real time scanning off", navigation page shows it is on.  Anyone know how to fix this - have just spent about two hours with virtual technician and the McAfee website trying to fix.  Any clues as to how Mcafee can be contacted?

7 Replies
saxdude
Level 7

Re: Problem with real time scan - any ideas

I just got hit by this problem yesterday.  I am running Windows 7 Professional.  Virusscan was updated to 14.5 on May 29, and Firewall was updated on May 31.

I try to turn it on and it switched back off in seconds.  HELP.

drocker
Level 9

Did the Virtual Technician show anything in the window or was it blank? It was blank for me. It just sat there doing nothing, I think.

0 Kudos
pphretd63
Level 7

Hi

Solved this by complete reload.  Virtual Technician did not solve it.  Nor did online chat.  Will keep you posted if it goes awol again.

drocker
Level 9

What do you mean "complete reload"?   Currently, I completely uninstalled McAfee. Both through the Control Panel and a program from Useful Links tab on this website called Removal Tool. Follow the instructions. Then, I restarted my PC, installed "Mcpreinstall.exe" from here somewhere, and am currently reinstalling McAfee Total Protection 2011 as I type.  I hope it works. Otherwise, I am going back to 2010 for 4 more days.

0 Kudos
drocker
Level 9

It worked.  SUCCESS!!!   I think a complete reload worked.

0 Kudos
saxdude
Level 7

I tried VIrtual Technician last night.  First time, it fixed Registry, something else and DAT.  But real time scanning would still not turn on after a reboot.  Ran VT again and rebooted.  This time the problem seemed to be fixed.  However, I rebooted this morning and it reappeared.

0 Kudos
drocker
Level 9

Try this. Click on the link and read this discussion:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/191852#191852

0 Kudos