cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lamf77
Level 7

Other Than Turning Off Protection, Setting All Removals For Manual?

Jump to solution

I  just downloaded the program yesterday from AT&T.  After running, several files on my computer were removed autimatically.  These files were safe and have been on my computer for months.

This leads to my question. 

Other than simply turning McAfee off, is there a way to set detection of unwanted items to manual?

In other words you have the option on whether or not you want to remove the item rather than have McAfee do it automatically.

Malwarebytes and other programs allow this, was wondering if I could set McAfee to allow me the option of removal.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Other Than Turning Off Protection, Setting All Removals For Manual?

Jump to solution

The only time it asks you first is if it's a PUP (Possibly Unwanted Program) detection.  Otherwise you'd have to follow what I've outlined here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Many infections lately need to be wiped out without delay so leaving them up to the user's discretion isn't an option any more.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/03/13 1:33:32 EST PM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

The only time it asks you first is if it's a PUP (Possibly Unwanted Program) detection.  Otherwise you'd have to follow what I've outlined here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Many infections lately need to be wiped out without delay so leaving them up to the user's discretion isn't an option any more.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/03/13 1:33:32 EST PM
0 Kudos
lamf77
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wow....thanks so much!  You helped me find the missing files!

Take care!

Lamf77

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK, good luck.

0 Kudos