Have there been any major changes to the On Access Acanner recently.
I've started getting major delays (over a minute) starting a program called Family Historian. (FH.exe)
On Access Scanner CPU shoots to nearly 50% and over 100MB.
No problem with other programs.
Delay goes away if I add that program to the excluded list.
The program hasn't changed for over a year.
What McAfee software are you using Bill? Just a name & version number if possible would help.Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/06/14 7:10:08 EDT AM
There are two things to try then.
1. Make sure permissions are full in Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connection for Programs and you could experiment there with tuirning off Netguard to see if that makes a difference also.
2. Submitting the software for clearance, although it hasn't exactly been quarantined I suspect it is being identified as a PUP. See HERE.Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/06/14 7:32:18 EDT AM
I forgot to add that unless a tech drops in here, which may or may not happen, Technical Support could probably be of more assistance and it's free by phone or online chat. See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.