cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazzloft
Level 7

Not Protected Message - Repeating

About every 24-48 hours, I get a message pop up that says Not Protected. I have to bring up Security Center and verify my subscription. Why is this happening? Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

RE: Not Protected Message - Repeating

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, are you still facing the issue with McAfee if yes

Make sure system data and time is correct ?
When did you renew the subscription?
Did you purchased the new product or just renewed the existing product?

Steps:

Find out which email address you registered your product with by clicking on the following URL:
http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp
Make sure the product are registered under the same email address
0 Kudos
jazzloft
Level 7

All the emails are the same. My time is sychronized. I'm almost a year into my subscription. My subscription ends 12/11/09.
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

hmm.. well in that case could you run the McAfee Virtual technician and post a session id for me or Bala to take a look at ?
0 Kudos
jazzloft
Level 7

Okay, I did it. It said no problems found.
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

what we are looking for is the session id.. that will get us a more detailed view of the mcafee installation and its state on the machine
0 Kudos
jazzloft
Level 7

Session ID: 20199625
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Thanks.. I would need to get to office to access that on the server... so i guess for now we got to wait till a tech at work happens to see this...

happy
0 Kudos
Farmcats
Level 7

I Get The Same Thing. . . .

My subscription expires about the same time, and I'm getting the same thing for the last several months. Here's what I wrote Customer Support:

"- Service Request #: 372419183
- Created Date: 09/14/2009 09:32:06
- Description: Why do I have to "Verify my Subscription" every time there is a virus file update. This has been going on for months now and is really getting annoying. I didnt find this question in the F.A.Q. either, so maybe its just happening to me. Everytime VirusScan downloads a virus update a window pops up that says I am not protected. When I click "OK" it brings up the Security Center saying I need to fix a problem. When I click "Fix" it says a matter requires my attention. I HAVE TO click on the "Verify Subscription" link to get the "green check mark" back. I have to do this every time my VirusScan updates. Why is this?

Thanks, Pat"

Also, Virtual Technician says it "Cannot scan my computer" or something like that.
0 Kudos