cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spirec
Level 7

Neither shutdown-after-scan nor excluding folders works

Hello.

I am running McAfee Total Protection 2012 on my laptop under 32-bit Windows Vista. I've just ran a scheduled virus scan which took forever. So I decided to select the shutdown-after-scan option so that the scan can be completed overnight, but the laptop didn't shutdown after the scan.

Moreover, a few days ago I've defined a folder to be excluded from the scan (both in scheduled and user defined scan) - as there was a file in it that is falsely recognized to contain a virus (I didn't know exactly how much and what files before the scan, so I didn't exclude the file as such) - but that folder was also scanned, the mentioned file isolated.

Does someone know how to possibly solve those things?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Neither shutdown-after-scan nor excluding folders works

Possibly didn't shut down because it detected that file.  Real-time scanning doesn't have exceptions except in rare instances where something is identified as a PUP..

You need to submit that file for clearance and here;s how: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Meanwhile we Mods have asked time and time again for this feature to be reintroduced to Real-Time Scanning but they haven't yet listended to us.

0 Kudos
spirec
Level 7

Hello,

thank you! I'll send the file to McAfee. I thought that a file is scanned via real-time scanning only if the file is saved or loaded. Before installing the game which encompasses the file and every time I loaded the game I deactivated real-time scanning. But how can the file be detected during a scheduled scan, with the excepted folder containing it, if I don't refer to it before or while scanning?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I don't know.  All I know is there are no 'excepted folders' as far as real-time scanning is concerned.

0 Kudos