cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yomart
Level 7

Need to Reformat my Hard Drive-Licensing

Hello, I didn't see an answer to this specific question, sorry if it has been asked.

I've just purchased VirusScan Plus 2009 3-User License edition. I've installed it on 2 PCs but I need to reformat one of them. If I reformat my hardrive and reinstall, does this use up the 3rd license? I'd like to avoid that scenario if possible.

Is there anyway to copy a file or two and have this PC continue to be recognized as one of the existing (sort of like WinXP Validation)? Or do I even need to worry about this? Just trying to keep things honest, I do reformat every once in a while.

Thanks.

McAfee VirusScan Plus 2009 3-User
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Need to Reformat my Hard Drive-Licensing

The applications can't be copied over I'm afraid. But there really shouldn't be a problem with it. If there is just call Customer Service direct at 1-866-897-9325 press 4 then 0 berween 8am and 8pm CST. They'll sort it out.
Or use the Chat line, top of page second from left or linked in my signature.
0 Kudos
yomart
Level 7

Thanks for the quick reply, so are you saying that this will in fact technically count as the 3rd PC? It's really not that big of a deal but it would be nice to know if my account is being kept track of the number of installations.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

No, I'm saying that I don't think it should count but, as we don't deal with that side of things here, the ultimate decision lies with that department.
0 Kudos
yomart
Level 7

Ex_Brit, thanks so much for your help! Again, just wanted to keep things straight...
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Of course and you are very welcome.
0 Kudos