cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason389
Level 7

Mcafee will not run. Cannot reach tech support after 2 days of trying.

I am runing windows 7 and Mcafee total protection. Starting yesterday, when I boot up, I get an error message that says "macagent.exe - application error. The application was unable to startcorrectly (0x000009a). Click OK to close the application. "

I have run the online fix tool to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, to no avail. I have sat on hold on the phone and chat que for a total of 2.5 hours, to no avail. I am frustrated and thinking about just calling my credit card company to get a refund for my recent renewal and going to another provider. I called customer service, and they just put me back in the tech support que. I hung up after 30 minutes. I have run down my iphone battery from 100% to 20% waiting on hold.

DIsappointed customer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jmcodinach
Level 7

Re: Mcafee will not run. Cannot reach tech support after 2 days of trying.

Hello jason

this morning my second computer has the same problem, finally I reinstall in my 2 computers and after update everything seems to be correct.

After unistall and before reinstall I clean the registry entries with cClean.

I hope this helps.

Joseph from Barcelona.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Mcafee will not run. Cannot reach tech support after 2 days of trying.

There is a problem with an update that came in recently.  Please uninstall via Control Panel, use the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page (no need of 3rd party cleaners) reboot and reinstall from your online account.

There is an announcement about it at the top here:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/

0 Kudos