cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayalanita
Level 7

Mcafee doesn't let me scan

Mcafee keeps giving me an alert that says something like: ' Your pc isn't protected', so I click it, and then it shows in red letters that the PC and files, and email need an action. At the right it says: "the real time analysis is deactivated", " the analysis of spies and not desired programs is deactivated", "the IM analysis is deactivated", in both options the PC and the email.

So I tried to scan the pc, by going to the option 'scan' (or analyze, I don't know what it says in english cause I use it in spanish x))... and when I pick any option (quick scan, complete scan or to choose) a window opens, it says something like:
the analysis have found a problem that cannot be solved. Next we give you the details of the problem: Scan failed to start ; result= -2147467259

the mcafee technician cant solve it., it just say that the services aren't running, that the service is incorrect and the DAT is obsolete.

ALso, at the taskbar the update mcafee icon have been 'installing mcafee virus scan' for like 3 days. Which is the same time mcafee keeps sending me the alert.

how can i fix this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Mcafee doesn't let me scan

Scan for spyware using the free version of this tool: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html and let it remove everything it finds.

Then do the following:

1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".
2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC... This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)
3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
If you can't find these files don't worry. It just means that MCPR has done its job.
4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site, NOT from any CD that you may have.
0 Kudos
ayalanita
Level 7

it's fixed ..

thanks!! happy
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Mcafee doesn't let me scan

Glad it's OK now.
0 Kudos