Level 7

Mcafee Real-Time Scanning Starting

How do I protect my computer when real time scanning will not stay "turn on?"

0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Mcafee Real-Time Scanning Starting

Moved from Web Advisor to Virus and Spyware Protection > Virus Scan > Discussions

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Mcafee Real-Time Scanning Starting

Is this a (New Install) or an issue that just started occurring? Do you have any prior Security Software installed as well? If so I recommend removing it the normal procedure, from your Add/Remove in your Control panel/Restart. Follow up with the Product individual software removal tool to make certain any remnants are not left over.

Make certain that your Windows Updates/Add-ons are current to include Internet Explorer even if you choose not to run it. As McAfee and other vital programs do in order to function properly.

I recommend doing a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall following the Guidelines/Instructions in this Faq: How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

Kindly post back your results, in case you require any more assistance. Or you can personally contact Technical Support 24/7 Via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker :Services and Support for Home and Office

Al the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos