Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ergojm
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 71 of 74

Re: McSvHost.exe McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and must close

I don't always get "Service host has encountered..." error message but for the last two weeks I have been losing my internet connection from IE at least two to four times a day and I have to either restart windows OR toggle "off" then "on" Mcafee firewall to be able to reconnect. By process of elimination, I have determined that it's the Mcafee firewall causing this loss of internet connection and it has been a major annoyance for my family to have to go through the effort multiple times a day of toggling the firewall. I tried turning off Netguard last night as suggested in this discussion community and haven't yet gotten a call from my wife complaining about Mcafee....yet so, this is a good sign!

Are others also having this IE connection issue when the service host quits? I wouldn't mind just an error notification if it didn't take out my browser sessions as well, every day.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 72 of 74

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101346

Issue recent Mcafee gathering data re the cause you interested in helping ie they contacting you?

I am having the same issue. I'm running a Dell 5150 with Windows XP and Google Chrome browser with Cox McAfee SecurityCenter. This problem just started in the past few weeks. I'll get the McAfee error window and lose my Internet connectivity and have to reboot the computer to get back up and running. I make daily use of GoToMyPC.com and this issue has resulted in a failure to remotely connect to my computer. Here is the error message and details I get.

McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

szAppName : McSvHost.exe     szAppVer : 2.0.230.0     szModName : unknown    

szModVer : 0.0.0.0     offset : 04a139d9

C:\DOCUME~1\ARTHUR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3b0d.dir00\McSvHost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\ARTHUR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3b0d.dir00\appcompat.txt

I have now disabled Netguard. I also ran "services.msc" from the Run command, and found McAfee Services where I found the "McSvhost" listed in the command line of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe" /McCoreSvc. I have set the recovery parameters to "Restart the Service" on the first, second and subsequent failures.

I have also now stopped and disabled the Apple iTunes Bonjour service as recommended in the McAfee document Document ID: TS101346 at http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101346. I will proceed to the additional workaround steps if these first two changes don't work.

Message was edited by: throckmorton on 6/8/12 6:52:43 AM CDT

Disabling Netguard seemed to have taken care of my problem along with adjusting the "McSvhost" recovery parameters and disabling Apple iTunes Bonjour service as recommended in the McAfee Document ID: TS101346 at http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101346.

I received the McAfee Security Suite update from Cox Las Vegas last night and have now turned Netguard back on. Hopefully all will be good going forward. A big thank you to Voluntary Moderator "Peacekeeper" Tony for your advice and assistance.

dc2sd

May I suggest you unsubscribe from this thread, follow the link and click 'Stop email notifications' on the right. You can also manage your email subscriptions from your Profile page by clicking 'Manage email notifications' on the right. You don't want to be a cow.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community