cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjvanka
Level 7

McShield keeps disliking my audio editor

I'm a McAfee newbie and confronted with an unexpected problem:
The McShield (OAS) program interferes with the AVS Audio Editor on my PC. Starting the editor takes 90s -- the time McShield needs to scan the program file. It seems not possible to add the AVS editor to a 'trusted list' and so prevent repeated unnecessary scanning. I wonder if there is a known workaround. Tnx in advance!

VS version 13.15 (3-User McAfee Internet Security); OS: Vista.
Event log: A thread in process C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe took longer than 90000 ms to complete a request. The process will be terminated. Thread id : 3404 (0xd4c)
Thread address : 0x1206ABA9 Thread message : Object being scanned = \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSAudioEditor\AVSAudioEditor.exe by C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vinod_r2
Level 11

RE: McShield keeps disliking my audio editor

instead of work arounds the best way would be to submit the file detected to www.webimmune.net .
0 Kudos
jjvanka
Level 7

Re: RE: McShield keeps disliking my audio editor

Just did and added the info I posted here. Tnx

That was yesterday.

'Research' hasn't found anything irregular in the editor file. Hopefully 'Support' (which I contacted now) comes up with that 'trusted list' or something.

Much later:

I understood that the file's manufacturer now has modified the file.  And solved the problem.

Edited by: jjvanka on 11/7/10 11:30:00 PM CET
0 Kudos