cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAffee Popup To Reinstall

McAffePest.jpg

After uninstalling this program due to excessive FALSE POSITIVES I am having my machine locked up by McAffee.

How do I remove this?

6 Replies

Re: McAffee Popup To Reinstall

@Pickmonger 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  The popup looks strange, please let us know the below details to ascertain the core issue

• From when you have noticed the false positive popups
  • Whether you have received the false positive popups from McAfee or from any other applications that was installed on your computer. 
  • Operating system version that is installed on your PC - Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7
    • Hold Windows Key + R button which loads run window
    • Type Winver on the run window and click OK button shows the windows version
  • Whether you have downloaded any other applications recently
  • Whether you have received any popups in your browser recently when you browse any websites

Regards
Siva

I am running Version 10 of Windows.

I am being attacked by a popup program "You are at risk" Its powered by Fast App Store All rights reserved. IT WANTS TO FORCE YOU TO REINSTALL MCAFEE. and I am feeling royally SCREWED.

MCAFEE. was uninstalled due to excessive false positives. I used McAffee's own uninstall software to remove it

Seems McAfee is using Fast App Store determined to make money by EXTORTION. Buy our **bleep** software or we nag you to death. Every time Fast App Store pops up my browser freezes. Tech support at the company I work has had problems with other employee's computers and the McAfee Nightmare.

Installing that software is CRIPPLING our company computers .McAfee Technical support has been  useless. Their only comment is that I should reinstall; their software so that I no longer get a popup about being unprotected.

I do have excellent software installed..it's  only problem is that it lets McAfee Fast App Store cause crashes on my machine.

@Pickmonger 

We have sent you PM. Please reply to the PM to proceed further.

Regards
Siva

Hi,

What was the outcome of this as I am experiencing the same Pop Ups.

milz45
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

I am having the same issue.  McAfee bloatware that came with my pc is throwing these pop-ups constantly that say "Powered by Fast! App store".  I've uninstalled McAfee from my pc, but they still occur.  I do not have an account with McAfee (and never will based solely on this tactic).  Please, help me get these pop-ups off my computer.

I found that an app was installed with an update of an unrelated app to McAfee it was FA RSS, uninstall this and the pop up will disappear. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community