cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfeeRansomwareInterceptorWin32.exe

Jump to solution

@Madhan 

I am not going to make Another "Help Ticket" about the same "Issue" and risk the chance of Their Butthurt not-our-fault Admins and Mods Banning Me for doing so.  Actually, It is very "ironic" that right after Steam's August 31st / September 1st "Update", I haven't have the Issue return... yet.  Even if the Issue does return, I will just click on Abort and continue on because Steam is no help and Microsoft Support is no help either.  

Thanks for the McAfee Malware Cleaning Tool Link, It helped before reinstalling Cox Security Suite:  Powered by McAfee Total Protection on My LapTop.  

Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 24

Jump to solution

Hello @pcolafladwd 

We feel sorry for the all the trouble you are going through and also glad that the issue is not occurring right now.

For any assistance with McAfee, you can always connect with us through Community or our Support and we are here to help you 24x7.

Happy Gaming

Regards,
Madhan M

Jump to solution

@Madhan  

Not / wasn't Your fault. 

Is there some soft-of "defamation" about Steam "claiming" that You, McAfee?...   

McAfee AntiVirus incorrectly identifies some third party game files as malicious and will quarantine the files during the download process. This often results in the message "This game is currently unavailable" when trying to launch the game.

Unfortunately, most editions of McAfee AntiVirus have no way to exclude files from real-time scans, so the only work-around is to disable real-time scans. To do this, open McAfee and select "Virus and Spyware Protection", then select the "Real-Time Scanning" option and click the button labelled "Turn Off".

Once Real-time scanning is disabled, you can restore your game files by following the instructions to Verify Game Cache Files.

Real-time scanning can be re-enabled once you are done playing, but unfortunately this will re-quarantine the game files, requiring this process to be repeated.  

Also, instructing McAfee users' to DISABLE Real-time Scanning is EXTREMELY SUSPICIOUS. 

Jump to solution

@Madhan  

Even though there were no true "Solution", I appreciated all the help and support that McAfee had done on this "Issue". 

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community