Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AliE
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

McAfee wont scan in safe mode

Dear members,

I have  a copy of McAfee total protection installed on my laptop running windows 10. Yesterday  my PC was infected by a virus which the antivirus has not detected but malwarebytes yes ( this is another story). 

Today I have run another scan and McAfee has identified two potential problems, but it was unable to delete the suspicious  ".exe" files... So I have re-started my pc in safe mode and tried to launch a scan to test if the antivirus is  able to delete those file. However it seems that McAfee is no able to perform a scan in safe mode which is pretty strange.

How can I perform this operation?

Thanks for the help,

AliE

1 Reply

Re: McAfee wont scan in safe mode

Hello @AliE

Please let us know the .exe file names and file path to proceed further. Regarding running a scan in a safe mode, not all antivirus software will support it because in Safe Mode only system services are allowed to run and any non-Microsoft services remain inactive.

Regards
Ragoth Karnan

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?