cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee won't scan!

Just download the MCPR removal tool and let do it's thing.

Afterwards you can check for McAfee folders as follows but they should all be gone.

Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data".

You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!

In Vista/Windows 7: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming

If you can't find these files don't worry.  It just means that MCPR has done its job.

Note: this only works for the home product not any of the Enterprise/Business products.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/10/10 7:36:19 EDT AM
Patxi
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 13

Now I think I will go insane...

After running the removal tool and checking there was not any trace of McAfee files on my system I re-installed McAfee antivirus Plus, thought was the solution, but once done I launched a quick scan and what I got? "Undefined%" and the software doing nothing. Same with complete scan.

The virtual technician tool is not running properly, cant even install it so... What to do? Any idea???

Thanks

It sounds to me like your system is corrupted.  This can happen when registry cleaners and optimizers are used or when an infection starts taking out important keys.

Try download, updating and running the free version of this tool:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Other than that try contacting Technical Support Chat via Useful Links above.

I know that involves running the Virtual Technician.  There's a trick to get around that and open the Chat client.

Click the Virtual Technician link at the top left of the Technical Support page, then click the Chat and Email one below that and the Chat page should open without having to run the VT.

You can then explain to the technician that you could not run VT.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/10/10 10:42:56 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community