cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee real time scan is blocking outgoing messages

Jump to solution

When I send an email with a link in it such as to a Google folder, it gets blocked.  I know because I call the recipient and he doesn't get it.  When I turn off real time scan, it goes through.  What can I do to solve this besides turning off real time scan?

This started about two weeks ago.  I use a laptop with Windows 10 and MS Outlook 2010.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: McAfee real time scan is blocking outgoing messages

Jump to solution

IT turn out it's Xfinity / Comcast's fault.  My email uses POP and Xfinity blocks out those emails which have links such as to Google drive folders. I switch to IMAP and it now longer blocks. I need to stay with POP since I have years of emails in my PST. 

They won't reply to me on their support site.  Thank you McAfee for responding.  You can close this out from your end.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @Hover71 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know the McAfee version installed on your computer. What happens when you send the same e-mail from webmail? 

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have McAfee total protection.  I sent from the web Xfinity yesterday and it didn't go through.  

I am going to run a series of tests sending email with and without links and attachments from Outlook and from the Web Xfinity email.

Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @Hover71 

Thanks for your reply.

Please go to McAfee Firewall settings and restore to defaults and check if the issue gets resolved. If the issue still occurs, Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee program and check, also update us with the outcome.

Also, ensure there are no pending Windows updates.

Regards,
Madhan M

Highlighted

Jump to solution

IT turn out it's Xfinity / Comcast's fault.  My email uses POP and Xfinity blocks out those emails which have links such as to Google drive folders. I switch to IMAP and it now longer blocks. I need to stay with POP since I have years of emails in my PST. 

They won't reply to me on their support site.  Thank you McAfee for responding.  You can close this out from your end.

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community