cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tincup
Level 7

McAfee Total Protection package...trimming down a full scan?

Is there a way to configure & run a scheduled scan that is not so "full"?

My full scan takes ~ 5 hours and goes through every nook and cranny and probably evens checks for dust under the desk

BTW, hello & thanks to all.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: McAfee Total Protection package...trimming down a full scan?

There could be a lot a variables which contribute to such. High Latency, your preferred settings, and OS.

I am running "McAfee Total Protection" on Windows 7 Sp1, set at "Using minimal resources. My scans generally take 59 minutes/1 hour 10 mintues.

In addition it could be due to your specific amount of files. If you have an issues of "Hang Time" @ 98%/99% , this is a known issue and you could try the recommended work-around :VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

Also you can open your McAfee User Interface, and configure your Scan Settings.

In addition, you can click on (Help), then click on( Help) again and a pane should open to give you a "Step by Step" guide on how to configure/better understand your features.

I hope this helps in some way.

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I also should say that you can configure a "Custom Scan" as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved appropriately to Virus Scan > Discussions By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Could you please apprise us if your issues have been resolved? Or if you require further assistance? Your response would go a long way in us knowing if this thread is appropriately Answered.

Thank you in Advance,

Catdaddy

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tincup
Level 7

Cat, I should have originally asked how one can schedule a custom scan.

Nothing in the Custom Scan dialogue box has settings that lets one set up a schedule.

I'm having other problems with Full Scan and Updates; once I get those bugs worked out,

I'll just set a schedule for a Full Scan and leave be of it all, good enough. And I do thank

your for your help so far.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi Tincup,

Thank you for your response. So can we assume this thread as Answered? Hence, you can continue with

. I will leave you in the very capable hands of Colleagues Ex_Brit and Peacekeeper.

In regards to your "Custom Scan" please refer to the following :Setting custom scan options

Wishing you all the very best

Catdaddy

Consumer Products.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

states here:  to close out this one.

0 Kudos