cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Antivirus Plus Scheduled Scans not running

This is the second time within the last few months that my scheduled scans just won't run on Windows 8.1 on my laptop.  The time for the scan just keeps advancing and the scan never kicks in.  The first time this happened McAfee tech removed and reinstalled the software and it worked for a few weekly scans and now it's back to not running.  Anyone have suggestions? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus Scheduled Scans not running

I moved this into VirusScan as a better spot for it.

I'm not sure we can improve on what Technical Support can offer you as they are the experts.   The usual cause of delayed scans are either high hard drive activity causing it to wait or something in your Power Options is maybe turning off, preventing it from scanning.  The software wont wake up a sleeping computer for instance.

If you can recall your last ticket ID # from Tech. Support I could email my contacts in support and ask them to weigh in here.

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

Thank you for your input and help.  My laptop has always been awake (not sleeping) and I even closed any running apps and trimmed my startup menu down so it is as lean as I can make it and still no scheduled scan.  Last Service Request # 1487447096.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thanks, I'll email my contact and hope they can help you.

k3tg
Level 14

I had a similar problem a while ago and my scheduled scan started to function normally when I unticked the box under General Settings and Alerts

The box I unticked was Wait Until my PC is Idle to run scheduled tasks like scans, automatic updates, and Quick Clean

This may or may not matter but my McAfee software was purchased through Dell

Good Luck

Tom K3TG

That has always been unticked but thank you.

0 Kudos

Re: Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus Scheduled Scans not running

Hi ,

Please uncheck "Scan using minimal resources" and see if Scan starts at Scheduled time (GUI > Real time Scanning > Scheduled Scan settings > Uncheck Scan using minimal Resources > Apply). It worked for me I scheduled a Scan for 11.25pm IST and waited to see the below screen exactly at 11.25pm.

scheduled scan.png

Re: Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus Scheduled Scans not running

It has always been unchecked but thanks

0 Kudos

Re: Re: Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus Scheduled Scans not running

That's weird..! It should work by all means when "Scan using minimal resources" is unchecked. Please post back the version of McAfee by clicking on About in main GUI of McAfee. Let me compare versions and post back if you are behind.

Re: Re: Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus Scheduled Scans not running

McAfee SecurityCenter
Version:  12.8
Build: 12.8.958
Affld: 414
Language: en-ca
Last update: 2014-05-22

McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
Version: 16.8
Build: 16.8.819
Last Update: 2014-08-02
Engine version: 1969.0