Did you mean: 
Highlighted
crc60
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Antivirus Plus - Bottom Row Interface Icons Don't Respond

Hi,

I've ran MAP for years.  If there were issues, reinstall or reinstall executing post removal and preinstall checks solved the issue.

I updated a month ago to this years version of MAP and then reinstalled with post clean ups and reinstall prechecks due to the following issue.

When my Win 7 (fully patched) PC comes up, I can open the Anitvirus Console, click on and execute anything in the interface.  All works fine.

If my computer runs all day, I open the MAP Console and try to click on any of the interface's bottom row icons, then nothing happens.  The mouse pointer changes to indicate you can click "Run a scan", "application updates", "remove cookies", but nothing happens when the icons are clicked.

As indicated, I reinstalled with all checks and cleanups.  The PC runs fine otherwise on all apps and Windows OS apps, just MAP doesn't.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

Superior, CO

3 Replies
crc60
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus - Bottom Row Interface Icons Don't Respond

I fully removed the app, using all the removal and cleanup tools.

I reinstalled MAP, and the application shortcuts worked better for a time, but again its degraded again.  The lower row of "shortcuts" in MAP respond maybe 50% of the time.  Once they stop working, rebooting is the only way they MIGHT start to respond again.

This is very annoying and I didn't have this problem before upgrading to this years version.

crc60
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Still having the issue.  Works well for a while, then the lower row application shortcuts stop working reliably.

Moderator sanjay
Message 4 of 4

@crc60

I have sent a Private Message to you. Could you please respond to it. Thank you.

Cheers

Sanjay