cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osianwynz
Level 7

Many Rootkits found

I have been having this problem for a while. So basically, I have scanned my computer a few times and seen that Rootkit has been scanned a few times, but it wasn't a virus apparently. When I knew what it was, I searched  for ways to clear it to see if my computer is infected with a virus, or trojan. I have downloaded the McAfee Rootkit removal app, but it detected none. I downloaded a different one and still, no RootKit detected. When McAfee scanned it in the anti-virus software, it just said Rootkit.  I need to rush around as I only have 3 days in my trial left. If somebody can help me out that would be great!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Many Rootkits found

Please refer to the following thread. There is no reason for concern.

All the very best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved appropriately to Virus and Spyware Protection > Virus Scan > Discussions By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
osianwynz
Level 7

Thanks for your help ! I just wish that it would actually say "Scanning for Rootkits..." instead of "Rootkit" because it makes new users scared if they know how bad it could be if there is one. I guess my computer's safe then! Thanks for your help again!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi ,

You are quite welcome   You can be self assured that you are safe. As mentioned, we have discussed this in our Conference Calls, and hopefully the wording will be changed.

If I may, if you feel that your concerns have been addressed, could you kindly mark this Thread as Answered?

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos