Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Malwarebytes detecting problems McAfee VirusScan isn't

I have both McAfee VirusScan and Malwarebytes Anit-Malware on my computer. Right now, my McAfee isn't detecting any problems. However, when I run Malwarebytes, it detects numerous issues. First, are these actual problems? And if they are, why isn't McAfee detecting these problems?

I've included the Malwarebytes log below. I don't know how to address these problems - go in and delete them?

Any help would be appreciated!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46

Database version: 4320

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

7/16/2010 1:43:56 PM
mbam-log-2010-07-16 (13-43-56).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 129474
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\avsoft (Trojan.Fraudpack) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\avsuite (Rogue.AntivirusSuite) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ivxahcvn (Rogue.AntivirusSuite.Gen) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\vrocuf (Trojan.Agent.U) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\crubuqik (Trojan.Agent.U) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\Daga House\AppData\Local\ahenibekepem.dll (Trojan.Agent.U) -> No action taken.

Message was edited by: shellybelair

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I did as you suggested and downloaded Superantispyware. I think the combo of that and Malwarebytes took care of the problems - both programs cleaned/deleted/quarantined and are now saying that no threats are being detected.

If anything changes, I'm sure I'll be back Smiley Happy

Thanks again! on 7/18/10 1:09:23 PM CDT
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 14

Re: Malwarebytes detecting problems McAfee VirusScan isn't

This link from McAfee will assist you in virus and malware removal.

After following the recommendation in the link you could also try running SuperAntispyware which is a free program and catches a lot of stuff in addition to Malwarebytes which you already have done. Let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

Let us know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
Level 21

You also might want to post that MBAM log on their forum:

0 Kudos
Level 12

Hi shellybelair,I believe that malwarebytes should have qaurantined those items at the least.You can leave them in there in the mean time.They look like they are ok to delete. But i would listen to Ex-brit & check with their forum to be safe.I would also do a scan with superantispyware as tom suggested.These are to great for products to have with Your Mcafee.Mcfee will not catch everything so it is a good idea to run malwarebytes every so often.I have caught a few things with it myself.Suparantispyware has also deleted a few things for me in the past.

Good luck Jack

0 Kudos