cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Losing a bit of free space on HDD day by day... Is this related to daily full scans?

So you think it is fair to say I am just worrying about nothing?

It just feels weird that this time I could not get the space back, but before I could.

Highlighted

Re: Losing a bit of free space on HDD day by day... Is this related to daily full scans?

I think you are over-concerned with it, but continue to do normal maintenance.  Windows itself actually clears out things from time to time withoiut intervention anyway.

Highlighted

I am thinking Windows is being stupid now.

I let Windows defrag and my space fell to 186.9. Windows said I have less space after defraging. Also, each time I try to remove shadow copies it goes down 0.01.

Well defrag only moves files around to make them easier to access and it possibly broke up areas of free space.   Who knows?   I use a paid defragger as they have more options on how to defrag.

Highlighted

deleted

Highlighted

We aren't qualified to tell you what that log means, please post it as instructed earlier.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/04/12 10:06:22 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community