cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twoodrow
Level 7

Just received an Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware ...

... message when I turned on my computer from what appeared to be from McAfee saying that these two things were turned off, then wanting me to click on a "fix" button to turn them back on. I checked my McAfee security center and it appears that my Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware is in "active" mode. I exed out the warning box not knowing what it was. Anybody have any clue what this warning that I received was?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
karthiks
Level 12

Re: Just received an Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware ...

Twoodrow,

What I understood from your post is, you are using McAfee Security Scan plus. McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free scan software you get when you install some software’s like Adobe.

If your McAfee Security Center is active you no need to worry about your computer security. You can better uninstall the McAfee security scan plus and use McAfee Security Center alone to avoid these kind of situations.

If my statement above is wrong, please post the screenshot of the error to get better understanding of the issue

0 Kudos
twoodrow
Level 7

Re: Just received an Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware ...

I guess the next time I get that I'll get a screenshot of it. I think you're probably right about it, but not 100% sure. Thanks.

0 Kudos