cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swimmerem
Level 7

Is this a known bug ? After pausing InternetSecurity 12 scheduled scan (monthly)...

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm asking/posting this in the right place, but if an even better place should exist then please just let me know.

Is following issue an already known bug ?

Today, after pausing an already started (monthly) scheduled scan with InternetSecurity 12 (v12.8.903), I also decided to force InternetSecurity to check for latest updates, but after it found and installed them correctly I verified that it was no more possible to resume same scan I had paused. Also InternetSecurity reported me a next month date for next scheduled scan to take place.

Known workaround I found : check again InternetSecurity 12 scheduled scan settings and change the day of the week the scan should take place.

JFYI only after I selected Wednesday next expected scan date became really today (evening in my local timezone).

P.S. If interested or needing to know this too, current McAfee AntiVirus and AntiSpyware component is v16.8 (build 16.8.708) and after update I forced its engine became v1790.0

Thanks in advance for any (related) reply.

Best Regards

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Is this a known bug ? After pausing InternetSecurity 12 scheduled scan (monthly)...

A technician would know the detailed answer but I would say that might happen if the update affected VirusScan.   Any scans in progress and paused might be cancelled.   I suppose ideally the software should hold off updating until scans are finished.

I hope I understood your question.   But if not Technical Support could answer it.  They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page and it's free by phone or online chat.    As regards the status of your software, it appears up to date to me.

0 Kudos
swimmerem
Level 7

Re: Is this a known bug ? After pausing InternetSecurity 12 scheduled scan (monthly)...

@Peter: Thanks for suggestion, I may soon contact Technical Support about this.

Yes you understood my point, but IMHO in future SecurityCenter should hopefully and likely become even more smart to be able to determine if once he already has a stable connection to Internet he can also have enough time to complete its own update before starting a prescheduled scan.

Anyway about prescheduled scan I also just noticed that SecurityCenter does not even always comply to its own published expectations to start a prescheduled scan. For instance earlier and now he's showing me that today prescheduled scan should have started at 04.34 or at 05.02 now but my local clock time is already showing 05.34 ... (P.S. it just started at 05.45 clock time)

BTW I also think that original effect I reported initially might be dued to current SecurityCenter 12.8 design. I remember that with past 12.x version I had until beginning of December 2013 indeed worked differently and was able to complete any update I requested with only a minor delay but without ever disrupting a prescheduled scan already taking place.

@Manoj: No, I was given no option to close the application, or about its unexpected need to postpone yesterday prescheduled scan already taking place.

Regards

Rob

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Manoj knows more than I but it's not unusuul for a scheduled scan to start late as it waits for CPU activirity to subside first.

0 Kudos

swimmerem,

McAfee does not start Scheduled scans when the system is being used. Even a small mouse or keyboard activity can postpone the scan start.

That may be the reason for the delay in starting a scheduled scan.

0 Kudos

Hi swimmerem,

When updates were downloaded, we you given an option to close the application before the update was installed?

0 Kudos