Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

I have McAfee All Access how do I exclude my Seagate external drive (e) from a full scan as I no longer have a custom scan option. Do I exclude it by drive or do I have to add each file from the folder?

external drive

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: I have McAfee All Access how do I exclude my Seagate external drive (e) from a full scan as I no longer have a custom scan option. Do I exclude it by drive or do I have to add each file from the folder?

In quick/scheduled and full scan external drives I think are not scanned. they are scanned only when accessed

FAQ for LAM version of McAfee

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: I have McAfee All Access how do I exclude my Seagate external drive (e) from a full scan as I no longer have a custom scan option. Do I exclude it by drive or do I have to add each file from the folder?

Oh full scan is not a old type full scan it scans only files that can carry a payload

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

OK watched my latest full scan and yes it scans the removable drive. that surprised me. I have asked the program manager to comment but it seems you cannot exclude connected drives.

I have 1000s files on that drive so cannot exclude them .

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Discussion successfully moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to VirusScan

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.