Did you mean: 
lincoln35
Level 7

I can't install McAfee Antivirus Plus - problems with dmsetup.exe

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I try to run dmsetup.exe I always end up with such error:

"McAfee Integrated Security Platform Installer:

There are problems with application McAfee Integrated Security Platform Installer and it will be closed"

error details say:

AppName: install.exe AppVer: 4.5.188.0 ModName: msxml3.dll

ModVer: 8.20.8730.1 Offset: 0000c611

I have Win XP, SP 3, all updates installed automatically.

Any more information you need - let me know. And please help!

Radek

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: I can't install McAfee Antivirus Plus - problems with dmsetup.exe

Jump to solution

Go to Control Panel, then open Add or Remove Programs and check if you have MSXML 3 installed.

if it's not there please download and install it via the link below: simply download and install the file named msxml3.msi.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=28494391-052b-42ff-9674-f752bdca9582&displa...

after  installing it... run the McAfee removal tool, reboot and reinstall the software from your online account ... post back if it resolves your issue... hope this  helps...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Go to Control Panel, then open Add or Remove Programs and check if you have MSXML 3 installed.

if it's not there please download and install it via the link below: simply download and install the file named msxml3.msi.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=28494391-052b-42ff-9674-f752bdca9582&displa...

after  installing it... run the McAfee removal tool, reboot and reinstall the software from your online account ... post back if it resolves your issue... hope this  helps...

0 Kudos
lincoln35
Level 7

Jump to solution

Great! 15 minutes and everything was instaled! Thanks a lot for this helpful reply!

Radek

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Amazing, glad you are OK now ;-)

0 Kudos