cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrchopkins
Level 7

I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Yeah I tried playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it gave me an error. That error is linked to real time scans being enabled, which I wanna disable temporarily to play L4D2. But the security center won't let me access those settings, although I can with every other setting.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Hi ,

Please confirm if you are the System Administrator and not a standard or limited user account. You might also check If Internet explorer is working fine since McAfee relies on it.

I assume that you do not have any other Anti-Virus applications installed on your PC.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Moved to VirusScan as a better spot.

Peter

0 Kudos
mrchopkins
Level 7

I am the system administrator/only user on my computer. Even though I don't use it Internet Explorer works fine. I do have some other anti virus programs however.

0 Kudos

Re: Re: I can't access my settings for Real Time scanning but can access all other settings. Help?

Please help me with below info to proceed further

Operating System:

McAfee Product Version: (Open GUI and Click About)

Internet Explorer Version:

You may try logging in to Safe Mode and see if you are able to access Real Time Scanning settings - normal for it to be turned OFF in Safe Mode.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please make sure do you have the lates extensions?

Cheers,

José María

0 Kudos