cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gazooo29
Level 7

I Can Not Activate my VirusScan Plus 2009 3 users Second try has already been used

Hi

OS-XP Home SP3

Mcafee Won't let me Activate Program

This Happened last month and said you have to activate your product to be fully protected.

Had a yellow circle with a ! in the middle

I Left Click the ICON in the Corner and click Verify Subscription

Nothing Happens

I then Click update from the main interface and says you need to Activate your Product nothing again.

-A Yellow Box and then A Red Box come on the screen

I uninstalled the whole program last month and I'm on try two now and I have the same problem.

I only have one try left Being a 3 User Program and I'm not about to use that as that needs to go on my Lap Top in a few months.

It already has Mcafee installed from 2008 Running Vista

Also when I Click on my Account, I made a new one and my program is not even in there

But when I use my other email I used for my Lap Top everything is listed and says how many days I have left etc on the one installed on the Lap top.

Can someone please help me get this program working
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

RE: I Can Not Activate my VirusScan Plus 2009 3 users Second try has already been used

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and could you please let us know the following:

• How did you install the McAfee programs to the computer?
• If it is installed by using a disk – Have you completed the registration process?
• Make sure your computer’s time/date setting is correctly set.
• Try removing all the temp internet files from Internet Explorer (Open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Delete all the temporary internet files
0 Kudos
Gazooo29
Level 7

RE: I Can Not Activate my VirusScan Plus 2009 3 users Second try has already been used

I now have a BIG red X since posting this topic and everything is the same

1,Was Installed using Disc

2,Never have had a Registration Thing come up

3,The Time and Date are Correct

4,Just Re-did that and still nothing
0 Kudos
Gazooo29
Level 7

I think I might just move on and buy something else

I have had Norton installed on this Computer for 2 years since getting it in 2004 and then tried Kasperksy and Not one problem like this.

Norton Did 2 times lock me out didn’t find a thing and Kasperkys made the computer run slower but found almost everything.

If I can find my Receipt can I go and get a Exchange and try it again as this one seems to be bad.

Or do you have a walk in Help center that they can look at my computer and program and maybe fix it.

Located in Ontario Canada
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

I think I got the issue that you have on the machine.....

Now open C: drive and let me know if there is a folder named sysprep on there?

if found rename it and then update McAfee.

let me know the progress..
0 Kudos
Gazooo29
Level 7

What do I re-name it too

I'm going up to the computer right now to have a look
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Can someone please help me get this program working

Could you run MVT and post the session id too?
0 Kudos