cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karen402
Level 7

How to stop pop up warning not protected

I'm using McAfee version 13, I do not have scan email's turned on because I don't use Outlook. I use Agent which has cause a conflict in the past. Using Vista, and Security Center is Ver 9
I don't want this turned on
How do I stop McAfee from giving me pop up warnings that I'm not protected? I know that I'm not. I've used McAfee for years and it keeps getting less and less user friendly. If there is a ignore button it's well hidden
Thanks Karen
0 Kudos
31 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: How to stop pop up warning not protected

You can't have it ignore email protection being turned off I'm afraid.

It's not just Outlook that VirusScan protects by the way.

Per the System requirements...

• POP3 – Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird; Japanese only: Shuriken, Becky and PostPet
  • MAPI – Outlook
  • Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access

0 Kudos
karen402
Level 7

I don't use any of those, I use Agent
Guess it's time to start looking around for something new.
I don't mind the X,null but getting tired of the pop ups
Thanks
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You could play around with the alert settings but I doubt that one can be turned off. Why don't you just leave email scanning on?
0 Kudos
karen402
Level 7

I've played with the settings. This didn't start until the other day when I updated software. I've always had the X but not the pop-ups
Reason I don't turn it on in the past it has blocked me from sending attachments using Agent
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I guess there are some changes under the hood that I wasn't aware of. That's too bad, sorry I can't help more.

We have mentioned to them many times that people should be able to disable anything without getting constant nagging, but I guess they erred on the safe side.
0 Kudos
karen402
Level 7

Thanks for your help, guess McAfee doesn't care
I just looked at Kaspersky. It looks like a good product. I may give them a try
Thanks again
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes, it's a good product (I never said that...:rolleyesSmiley Happy
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an almost identical question, so I thought I'd reply here rather than start a new thread.

I've just updated from virusscan 10 to Total Protection 2008. With MSC 9.3 and latest Firewall / Virus scanner updates I have turned real-time scanning of files OFF as I **ONLY** want to scan files manually NOT automatically by constantly thrashing my hard drive and wasting CPU time / resources!

Every time I log off then re-log on to Windows, I get a pop-up stating that I'm not fully protected!

YES, I KNOW I'm not protected; I manually turned off that option and DON'T need to be CONSTANTLY reminded of it!

Is there ANY way of getting rid of that damned annoying completely REDUNDANT pop-up please?

There doesn't appear to be an 'ignore' option for real-time scanning (unfortunately). Is there a registry hack?

TIA
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You mean Total Protection 2009 I believe.

If you have turned off automatic scanning, there should not be any reminders as that is an acceptable option.

What exactly is the warning saying, it must be pointing to something, plus does it give you the option to ignore whatever it is?
0 Kudos