cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daytrooper
Level 7

How to see a reported/cleaned virus when pc turned off during scan? (McAfee AntiVirus Plus)

Hello.  I recently ran a scheduled scan and noticed that McAfee detected a virus and cleaned it.

However, due to power loss my pc turned off during the scan; and now I can't seem to view what the virus was that McAfee detected/cleaned.  Shouldn't there be a way to see what this virus was? (I've looked at the logs, but it seems that McAfee doesn't keep the log when a pc powers off in the middle of a scan).

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How to see a reported/cleaned virus when pc turned off during scan? (McAfee AntiVirus Plus)

Open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation (top right)

Scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted Items

Click those section to expand them, it shouild be there.

From there you can delete them.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How to see a reported/cleaned virus when pc turned off during scan? (McAfee AntiVirus Plus)

Moved to VirusScan.

0 Kudos
daytrooper
Level 7

Thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion, but I don't see anything there at all.

At least subsequent scans don't report any viruses, but it would still be nice like to know what virus was detected/cleaned...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

There's no other way unfortunately.  You looked in all the sections there?

Maybe the crash happened just as it was being quarantined and it was lost altogether.

As a precaution scan using Malwarebytes Free linked in the last link in my signature below.

It wont hurt to get a 3rd party verdict.

0 Kudos
daytrooper
Level 7

I scanned my pc using Malwarebytes and it came back virus-free.

That's great, but I still wish I could somehow see what that virus was per the McAfee scan.  Oh well, I guess it's no longer possible...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It's possible Tech Support could extract some logs from somewhere on your machine, but that would depend on whether or not you want them to try that.

0 Kudos