cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConorD62
Level 12

How to exclude a file from a scan.

Jump to solution

This one item has many sub files, and takes around 2 hours to scan, it is a .ztd file.

Anyone know how to?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How to exclude a file from a scan.

Jump to solution

If the option to skip isn 't there then there's no way other than move that file to somewhere else that doesn't get scanned.

The option to ignore a file or folder will be there in the new version due out soon.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

If the option to skip isn 't there then there's no way other than move that file to somewhere else that doesn't get scanned.

The option to ignore a file or folder will be there in the new version due out soon.

0 Kudos
gioni
Level 7

Jump to solution

i

have a hack program for an online game, and it is coming up as a Trojan and obviously wants to clean the file.  how do i add this file as a trusted file so McAfee will ignore it from now on?

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Gioni, what is the program called?

0 Kudos
gioni
Level 7

Jump to solution

the file name is GSYSLoader.exe and is a backdoor program for a game.

0 Kudos
gioni
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ex-Brit, the walkthough did not help, sorry.

you can download the program at DuckLoad.com http://www.duckload.com/download/2106196/GSYSLoader.rar

I have attached helping screen shots for better understanding of DuckLoad.com

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You mean if you temporarily disable VirusScan you can't then download it & submit the file to McAfee Labs as per that document?

I don't understand - what's the problem?

0 Kudos
gioni
Level 7

Jump to solution

The problem is that Yahoo recognizes a virus since it is considered a back door program.  Yahoo will not send a virus for safety reasons and that is the only email server I use, I do not have MS Outlook.  If there is another server I can use that you know emails "viruses", I will be happy to activate an account so I can send the Zip file.  Yes, even in zip it recognizes a virus.

after much annoyance, i am simply attaching the zip here.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

gioni wrote:

The problem is that Yahoo recognizes a virus since it is considered a back door program.  Yahoo will not send a virus for safety reasons and that is the only email server I use, I do not have MS Outlook.  If there is another server I can use that you know emails "viruses", I will be happy to activate an account so I can send the Zip file.  Yes, even in zip it recognizes a virus.

after much annoyance, i am simply attaching the zip here.

A file that small could be submitted through the uploading method.  All you have to do is enroll here:  https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

from
anything i read, there is no way for me to add a file to ignore.  it
might help to know that i am using a version of McAfee that is offered
by Comcast for their customers.  after contacting Comcast, they cannot
help me in this endeavor since McAfeeis not their program and they do
not know the in's and out's of it.  i tried that route also... =(

The ignore feature is returning in the beta product currently being publicly tested.  They are due to be released fairly soon.  More information here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Here's a little tutorial I put together on what to do in this case: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Read from  "To send it to the Threat Center outside of Security Center....."  onwards.

As I said above, soon it will be possible to exclude things from a scheduled or manual scan.

0 Kudos