cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjjjtae
Level 8

my web threats scan has been running for two days now and is stuck at 67%. can anyone help resolve??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Help

Jump to solution

Security Scan Plus is not a security product, merely a sales tool designed to check for and suggest products that you may need.   If you already have an antivirus and firewall then it's totally useless.   Stop it in Task Manager if it is still running and then uininstall it via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Even if you don't have security software installed, it does not provide any protection.

It's an optional installation with Adobe and some other software makers' products.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/02/14 7:56:42 EST PM
0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Web threats?  What software are you using please?

0 Kudos
tjjjtae
Level 8

Jump to solution

windows xp

0 Kudos
tjjjtae
Level 8

Jump to solution

i'm sorry windows 7 home premium

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

What McAfee software I meant, sorry.  The name is what I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
tjjjtae
Level 8

Jump to solution

Security Scan Plus

I'm not getting any error messages, its just running

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Security Scan Plus is not a security product, merely a sales tool designed to check for and suggest products that you may need.   If you already have an antivirus and firewall then it's totally useless.   Stop it in Task Manager if it is still running and then uininstall it via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Even if you don't have security software installed, it does not provide any protection.

It's an optional installation with Adobe and some other software makers' products.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/02/14 7:56:42 EST PM
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Just to add to Ex_Brit,s response. Here is an illustration of how you may have obtained it?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/321831#321831

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tjjjtae
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Whoops I deleted your duplicate post but it took out a post by catdaddy

as he posted

You are way too kind, Actually it was Ex_Brit whom answered your question. Even when I "Added" my comment, it was from a incerpt he had previously posted on the subject.

Glad you are Okay

Regards,

CatDaddy

0 Kudos