cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markdoc
Level 7

Help with Virus Scan & Download Accelerator Plus

Jump to solution

I need help with the syntax for the command line. In DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) you can put in the executable file with the proper parameters and it will automatically scan the files it downloads. I cannot figure out the syntax for -fd, if that's the correct switch. Please help. Thank you in advance,

Markdoc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Re: Help with Virus Scan & Download Accelerator Plus

Jump to solution

Following is the syntax for a 32-bit Operating System "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan>mcodsscan -fd C:\Users\Selvan\Documents"

Here the Command Scanner scans for files that are located in the path "C:\Users\Selvan\Documents"

Please use the location of output folder for DAP so as to schedule a Command line Scan

11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Helo with Virus Scan & Download Accelerator Plus

Jump to solution

This any help?

markdoc
Level 7

Re: Helo with Virus Scan & Download Accelerator Plus

Jump to solution

Yes it did and thanks.  I think the -fd switch is the one to use but I can't figure out the syntax.  In the help file it says "-fd <value>.....<value>  scan specified files" I just can't figure out what the values are.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Help with Virus Scan & Download Accelerator Plus

Jump to solution

I wish I knew the answer but have never attempted it myself.   Hopefully someone will post soon.

0 Kudos
markdoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's ok, I appreciate your help. You got me farther than the phone support.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I've emailed someone who may be able to help.

Jump to solution

Following is the syntax for a 32-bit Operating System "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan>mcodsscan -fd C:\Users\Selvan\Documents"

Here the Command Scanner scans for files that are located in the path "C:\Users\Selvan\Documents"

Please use the location of output folder for DAP so as to schedule a Command line Scan

markdoc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't thank you enough Selvan, for your help. Also Ex_Brit for writing to you.  If you don't mind, I have one more question. Is there  way to use wildcards in order to scan a single file?

Markdoc

0 Kudos

Re: Re: Re: Help with Virus Scan & Download Accelerator Plus

Jump to solution

Just include path of the file along with file extension. That should work.

exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thanks for jumping in here Selvan.  I'm afraid this sort of thing is lost on me.

0 Kudos