cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greimtime816
Level 7

Gaming on PC and False Alarms

I recently started playing pc games and everytime I play, whether I turn off my antivirus and firewall or not, my .dll file gets labeled as a Trojan or quarantined. This disables the game and I have to find the file and re-copy it. It's just annoying.

How do you take a quarantined item or any file, and put it into the TRUSTED FILE?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Gaming on PC and False Alarms

Only in the latest version of the home software can some detections be trusted.   Try opening SecurityCenter, Navigation, scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted Items and find it in Quarantine and see if that option is there.

If not see here: 

0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no other way than white-listing the file that is being falsely detected by McAfee. Please follow instructions in above reply so as to white-list the said dll file. Please post back the version details of McAfee to see if we can exclude the file from Real Time Scanning provided yours being the Latest Security Suite. To check Version Open GUI > Click on About link at the bottom right. Paste here the version information for proceeding further.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

If it were me I would upload the file to VirusTotal and see if it's just McAfee detecting a problem.

Pure coincidence perhaps but this is the second post about a Steam download being quarantined by McAfee. Not Supreme Commander by any chance?

0 Kudos