Message 81 of 92

Re: Full Scan issues

Just checked catdaddy and yes that is the one

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 82 of 92

Thanks   I just ran a full Scan, it reached 50% @ 50mins 23,268 files.

Completed 100% Total time 1hr 42 mins 44,512 files. I will run another and check the duration.Capture.PNG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 83 of 92

I am escalating this internally.  Those scans are awfully long.  Questions:

1. Does the scan get stuck on a particular file?
  2. Any other background activity on system or other apps?  Got Nisa's answer early that no apps were.
  3. How many drives & files are on system?

Trying to rule out any obvious issues.  Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
Reliable Contributor
Message 84 of 92

I have no other activity going on Tracy when I run the Full Scan. I am offline and all applications are closed.The only add-ons I have are Web Advisor/Adblock Plus My scheduled Quick Scan runs quickly, and my Manual Quick Scan runs quickly. I have plenty of internet speed with no high latency.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Level 9
Message 85 of 92

My scan does not get stuck just very slow.

no other apps runnung

I have two drives c drive with os and i stalled programmes and e drive with my data on. I dont know how many files on the old scan system it would scan about 350k fikes or more

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 86 of 92

My case 420000 files scans 46000 approx.

C drive 256Gb

D drive 2Tb

E drive 3Tb

Nothing doing bar net surfing No apps

No particular file  will retest again

1hr 20 mins scan no 3. I feel this a tad long considering last run 1 day ago. Paused on a dll file for 10 minutes on my data drive

Reliable Contributor
Message 87 of 92

I'm sorry I will have to run at a later time. We are having severe weather at the moment due to the Tropical storm.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 88 of 92

Ok last night scan was 1 hr 30 minutes or so today scan was 30 minutes. Same number of files and same version as you have. This expected as no need to scan unchanged files. Most time was scanning my data drive.

I did a full scan tonight it scanned 70680 objects in three hours and ten minutes! I thought this new engine should take a shorter time scanning, but this took double the time to do a full scan and it scanned less objects. Is this normal ? When I do a fast scan it takes a shorter time than with the old engine. So wasn´t the new engine supposed to be quicker ?

Just wondering how often does other users performe a full scan ? I usally do the quick scan and about once a month I do the full scan. But I done so long before this new engine came around so that shouldn´t be the problem or ?

Not answered - McAfee Product Development Management/Group seems to have no intention of fixing the gutted scanning component or restoring user control.  -  THEREFORE, "Assumed Answered." IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT.

Please vote on my full original post referenced by Peacekeeper (85. Re: Full Scan issues, Jul 9, 2017 1:55 PM) at .

Every subsequent "Full" scan takes longer than the last, it is not skipping previously scanned files (with v16.0).  V16 scans less than 8% of the files that v14 did and takes much longer to even accomplish that.  It also no longer updates the activity database, so as of about 2 weeks ago, the "Security History" report no longer shows current scan executions.

For a full list of what I have found to have been removed from the scanning component, please see my other linked comment as well as well as Peacekeeper's noted above.

This is now certainly not a product i trust, nor one I would purchase.