Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Found a threat called "FB2C610CDE62"

After doing a custom scan on my computer, a .rar file returned this threat "GenericRXIA-MZ!FB2C610CDE62". I've tried searching online but couldn't find anything about this threat. Is it dangerous?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Found a threat called "FB2C610CDE62"

Hi @PBmann 

After performing a scan if any file is shown as threat it will be under quarantined items in McAfee UI. you can see the file path name to which application it relates. As the file was  quarantined by McAfee your PC is still protected and not exposed to any viruses. 

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Found a threat called "FB2C610CDE62"

Thank you, I have deleted the quarantined file already but I was just wondering, what would that threat have done if McAfee did not detect it?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community